Saturday, November 12, 2011

Robin Whitmore's Cranberry Salad Family Recipe

I met Robin when I was touring with Perry Como. She has such a beautiful voice, and a spirit to match. I'm thankful for the time I had with her on the road - she's the salt of the earth. Love her.
This is a recipe she says, "was given to me by my Mother-in-law right after I got married. This was one of Marc's favorites for Thanksgiving/Christmas when he was growing up so she wanted me to have it. I have made it every year since we have been together cause I love the flavors in this. There are not many real measurements on things, so it's kind of up to the individual's tastes but it's VERY simple so it's hard to mess up no matter how much you put in. "

Ingredients
1 bag of fresh cranberries
1 bunch of fresh grapes (preferably green for color)
1 C of sugar
about 1/2 bag mini marshmallows
1 carton of fresh whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla

Directions
The night before, you grind up the bag of cranberries in a food processor till small bite size. Put them in a small mixing bowl and add the 1 C of sugar. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight so the cranberries absorb the sugar. The next day there will be a lot of juice, so pour most of that off. Then, halve the bunch of grapes and add to the berries. Add the mini marshmallows. Beat the whipped cream with a mixer, adding the vanilla as you go. You may not need all the cream. Fold the cream into the berries until you have the desired color of pink for the salad. It's a wonderful mixture of flavors, very easy and tastes great. Goes really good with pork, turkey or chicken."


Robin is in the dark blue on the left hand side of the picture. Ah....good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment