Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Blueberry Oat Bars

Heathy, Fruity, Oaty (I know....there's no such word as Oaty).



Ooooh.....blueberries. LOVE them. I made these bars last night there's only a few left this morning. I'm blaming that on Lee (he has eaten most of them). However, I've done my share of grazing today. 

This recipe is SO easy (I know....I say that all the time....but it's true). 

Here's how to do it:

Ingredients~

1 1/2 C quick cooking oats
1 C all purpose flour
3/4 C packed brown sugar
3/4 C cold butter, cut into small pieces
1 C frozen blueberries
1/2 C blueberry preserves - I like Bonne Maman brand (you can substitute with raspberry or strawberry)
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest

1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Line a 8X8 pan with foil, set aside.

3. In a bowl, combine oats, flour and brown sugar. Cut in the butter with your hands or pastry blender (I just use my hands - it's easier) until the butter is the size of small peas.  Reserve 1 C of mixture to use for the topping.



4. Press remaining mixture into the bottom of prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes.



5. Combine frozen blueberries, preserves and lemon zest in a bowl. Spread evenly over the crust. Then sprinkle with reserved oat mixture and press lightly into berry mixture. Bake for another 30 minutes.






6. Cool completely in pan, on a rack. Cut into bars. 



Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment