* Some say coconut is not a fruit, but a nut. Either way, I don't like it.
Once again, I didn't take pictures of the process because I wasn't sure of how these would turn out. Lee devoured them, as well as a couple of my friends. So....I'd say the recipe is a success.
I know you can buy a box of graham cracker crumbs - and feel free to do that if you are reeeeeeally in a hurry. But frankly, my dear, I think they don't taste as good as when you make them from scratch. They are SO easy to make. Just put graham crackers into a food processor and whirl away. I mean.....come on. OR....if you don't have a fancy processor, put them in a baggie and whack away with a rolling pin. DO IT.
These are truly easy to make - there are only 4 ingredients ~ It's like MAGIC!!
1 1/2 C graham cracker crumbs
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
2 C raw, sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square pan with foil, then spray with cooking spray (such as Pam).
2. In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sweetened condensed milk, and salt; stir until moistened. Stir in 1 1/2 C of the almonds and spread the mixture in the prepared pan. If it seems very sticky and won't spread, use moistened fingers to gently pat into place.
3. Top with the reserved 1/2 C sliced almonds and pat them gently into the mixture.
4. Bake until golden and a toothpick comes out clean, about 35-40 minutes. Cool completely in pan. Remove form pan, peel off the foil and cut into 16 squares with a serrated knife.
Store in an airtight container. YUM!