Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Time Is Here

Christmas time is here..........
Most people in my generation grew up watching A Charlie Brown Christmas, and for me, simply hearing this song practically makes me weep. I'm sure it's because it makes me feel like a kid again, when I had no worries or cares of life and bills, etc.  Vince Guaraldi is the composer (for those of you who may not know...) - and I think his sound and styling of this particular song single-handedly formed my love for jazz music.  Here's a link to his website: Click here for Vince Guaraldi's website


Lee Mendelson wrote the lyrics and in my opinion, they are full of the spirit of Christmas:
"Christmas time is here. Happiness and cheer. 
Oh that we could always see such spirit through the year".




1 comment:

  1. I couldn't have said it better myself. I've always loved this piece! Merry Christmas to you and Lee!

    ReplyDelete