Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Stuffed Mushrooms (otherwise known as Pat's Mushrooms)



In my family we call these "Pat's Mushrooms" because they came from my mom's friend, Pat. We also call them delicious because they are just that! For reasons none of us can explain, they have become a holiday appetizer for our family. I included this recipe in a book I made for Christmas gifts one year....and apparently it has become a favorite of my friend, Bill Elliott, and his family. I am happy to know he includes it in his holiday celebrations as well. 


Bill Elliott (with a beard!), John Lithgow and the Lucky Stars, getting ready for our show at Carnegie Hall.


Once you taste these mushrooms, you will want them every year too - I'm sure of it.


Enjoy!


Ingredients~
12  oz. Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage (NO SUBSTITUTES!)
1 TBL lemon juice
3 oz. cream cheese
dash of worcestershire
minced green onion to taste (about 4 onions for me)
about 25 mushrooms, cleaned,  stems removed






Directions~
Brown and drain sausage. Add lemon juice, worcestershire and cream cheese. Then add green onion. Stuff mushroom caps and bake at 350 for 15 - 20 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment