Friday, January 27, 2012

Peas Please




It's January, yet it's warm and feels like Spring here in Southern California. I was craving Spring Peas and wanted a quick little nosh while I was waiting for Lee to get home from the studio. I saw Giada (I use only her first name, pretending we are the best of friends) do an episode on TV with the recipe and it was so simple that I was on a mission to make it. FAST.


Here's what you need:
10 oz of defrosted frozen peas
1 clove of garlic
1/2 C grated Parmesan (ONLY use fresh!! Not the stuff in the green can)
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/3 C olive oil
Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
A baguette




Here's what you do:


1. In a processor, pulse the peas, garlic, Parmesan, salt and pepper, until combined.




2. With the machine running, slowly pour the oil in and whirl for 1-2 minutes, until well combined. Taste, and adjust salt and pepper if needed. Set aside.



3. Slice the baguette on the diagonal and either toast in a toaster, or brush with some olive oil and char them a bit on a grill on medium high heat (I like to use my grill pan).




4. Now - simply spoon some of the pea mixture on the toast, top with a few tomato halves, garnish with a little pepper and VOILA! You have a delicious, healthy nosh!!



Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment