Monday, May 23, 2011

Salad Time!

When the weather gets warmer, I think we all look for cooler and lighter things to eat. Lee loves it when I have a few "ready to eat" salads in the fridge that he can munch on during the day. I found this one from a magazine his parents gave me. It comes from a chain of food stores called Wegman's. This must be an east-coast thing because I'm a SoCal girl and I've never heard of Wegman's, but it sounds to me it's a lot like Whole Foods Stores which I think is great.

I made this a couple of hours ago and we've managed to eat our way through most of it. It.....is.....YUMMY!!!! Enjoy~

Red Quinoa-Avocado Salad

1 7oz pkg Red Quinoa, cooked according to pkg directions, and cooled (I couldn't find red quinoa so I used regular quinoa)
1 pkg frozen corn, thawed
1 C finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 C green onions, thinly sliced on the bias
2 plum tomatoes, 1/4 inch dice (about 1 C)
2 avocados, peeled, pitted and cubed
1/2 C lemon vinaigrette (recipe to follow)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Add cooked quinoa, corn, cilantro, green onion,and tomatoes to a mixing bowl. Fold in avocado and dressing. Mix until combined and season with salt and pepper to taste.

Click here for the Wegman's recipe online!


No comments:

Post a Comment