Thursday, March 17, 2011

Perry...

In the late 1980's, I had the amazing opportunity to be a backround singer for Perry Como. I worked with him for several years before he passed on and those were concerts and road trips I'll never forget. He was the same person onstage as he was off. He was calm, unassuming, connected to the audience. He still considered himself a barber and a lucky "crooner". He adored Bing Crosby and the clip I'm including here is from a concert we did with the Boston Pops, John Williams conducting. The great Nick Perito was Perry's personal conductor - I am honored to have worked with him as well.

The girls I worked with were the cream of the crop - and at various points in the show, we had 6 part harmony which was thrilling because everyone sang on pitch! (I'm the one on the far right in the burgundy dress).

I hope you enjoy the beauty and simplicity of Perry's singing. He is a classic and will always live on because of the wonderful recordings we have of his voice.


No comments:

Post a Comment