Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lemon Orzo on the side

If you've read any of my previous blog posts, you'll know that most all of the recipes here are not my originals (there are a few exceptions though!). This recipe is from Food Network and it is very simple and makes a great side for any seafood or meat dish, or a great little lunch too. If you've never had orzo, it is pasta - not a grain. It cooks very quickly and is just plain yummy. There are countless ways you can make orzo, but as I said, this is a very simple and delicious recipe - I hope you enjoy it!


Click here to see the recipe online!

Directions:
Simmer 1 cup orzo in a saucepan with 1 1/2 cups water, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon dried mint, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon paprika (I used smoked paprika - my FAVORITE!) and 2 strips of lemon zest, stirring occasionally, until the orzo is tender, 12 - 15 minutes. Let cool slightly. Stir in 2 chopped scallions, the juice of 1 lemon and salt to taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment