Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Easy, Elegant, Ina.

I love Ina Garten. I love that she is a bit messy in the kitchen. I love that she makes it look so simple and, in fact, her recipes usually are. I love that she sticks to the basics - the "Less is More" theory.  I guess I'm full o' love because yesterday was Valentine's Day too.

The recipe I'm going to share with you here, is one that I have made many many times and it always turns out perfectly. It's very impressive and I've served it to guests, and brought it to pot lucks as well.

The recipe is Ina Garten's French Apple Tart. It's in her cookbook entitled, "Back To Basics" which I highly recommend.  As I've said, none of the recipes here are mine, I just want to share the wonderful treasures I have found through the years.

She suggests making a crust from scratch, which doesn't scare me and I love to do, but she also has an even FASTER and EASIER way to make this and it is SO delicious and easy that it is the only way I make it now. She suggests using Puff Pastry dough (you can find it in the frozen foods area - Pepperidge Farms is the only brand I've ever seen). Take my advice and DO it that way.

Enjoy!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/french-apple-tart-recipe/index.html


No comments:

Post a Comment