Sunday, February 20, 2011

Martha Wrap

I have always been a fan of Martha Stewart. Think what you may about her, she is an amazing woman who has accomplished much in her life. When I was growing up, there really was only one source for cooking and that was the Betty Crocker Cookbook. But there wasn't a source for gardening, housekeeping, pet care, baking, crafting and cooking all in one place. So, once Martha came on the scene, I was an avid magazine subscriber and book-buyer. I've gone to her website countless times when I have questions like, "how, exactly, does one fold a fitted sheet"?  MARTHA knows!!

The other day, I was at the grocery store looking for some foil and I saw a new box on the shelf. It was a pretty "Martha green" color. Funny that. It was called "Martha Wrap"!  I thought, "well, good for her. She's put out her OWN cooking wrap!"  So, of course I bought some. It is a cross between foil and parchment paper - perfect for cooking little fish or chicken packets with veggies.  A VERY healthy way to eat!  I'm sure I will discover other uses for this new little gem, but for now this is how I'm using it.

Last night, I did one of my "what do I have and what can I make out of it?" meals.  It was so yummy. I took a piece of Martha Wrap (foil side out as instructed by Martha) and put some length-wise cleaned and sliced leeks, carrots, parsnips and red peppers with a small sprig of thyme and a half-clove of garlic on the paper. On top of that went a piece of salmon. I drizzled olive oil and a little s&p. Wrapped it up like a calzone and into the oven at 400 for about 20 minutes.   A little glass of Chardonnay went along with it.  Deeelish.

No comments:

Post a Comment