Monday, February 7, 2011

The recipes for Treble Clef Chef

Several years ago, I decided to make a cookbook of my favorite recipes to give as Christmas gifts. It was something that has turned out to be one of the best gifts ever, and I am so glad I did it. At that time, I had no idea how to use a computer so to say that typing all of them was challenging, would be a grand understatement! I got card stock for the covers, and bound them myself. It truly was a labor of love.

I was just coming into my love for cooking (not my love for food!) and compiled recipes that I had already tried, and others I hadn't. After making some of the "un-tried" recipes after Christmas, I was disappointed to realize that they just weren't all that ....yummy. 

So, I have decided that I will only write about recipes I have already made and tasted for posting here at Treble Clef Chef.

Here is the preface for that cookbook:

Dear friends,
As you know, I'm not a shy eater - never have been. This always made my mother very happy. One of my favorite snacks when I was a toddler was a cup of frozen peas and corn. My mom was mystified. I was content. When I was in elementary school, the only kind of sandwich I would eat was white bread, REAL mayonnaise and a big hunk of iceberg lettuce....again, mystification.
I used to name my clothes after the foods they reminded me of. Let's see....there was the bacon dress......and my cherry dress.....

Thankfully, my palate has matured and I believe that eating good food, whether fancy or simple, is one of the greatest pleasures of life. So, I would like to share some of my favorite recipes with you. Most of these have come from cookbooks or TV or the newspaper. Some of from friends. However, there are a few that actually come from my pea-brain (a food reference, of course) and I hope they will be pleasing to you as well.

with love
cassie

p.s. you will be pleased to know that I did NOT include
the lettuce sandwich recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment